Join Our Team
The Comforted Kitty is Hiring!
We are Looking for very responsible, dependable persons to join our team as Cat Sitters.
- Cat Sitters are essential to carrying out our company mission of providing the highest quality cat sitting care and customer service to our clientele.
- Cat Sitters develop a relationship with each cat and nurture a bond with them through creatively entertaining and comforting them. This reduces the cat’s stress and boredom, thus ensuring their physical, mental, and spiritual well being.
- Sitters also foster harmonious relationships with existing clients and build strong relationships with new clients by providing exceptional customer service in a pleasant, friendly, polite, respectful, honest, and professional manner. They advise and coordinate specific care activities and objectives directed by the client through face-to-face initial consultation meetings before the start of services.
- Our gentle, comforting care gives the client peace of mind while they are away from their feline family member, affirming our established and proven reputation of top-notch care and customer service and increasing our preeminence of exclusive cat care in the Bay Area.
- Directly related work experience, managing responsibility for cat care in a paid professional or volunteer manner; not just having cared for your own cat.
- Great intuition and knowledge of cat behavior and emotions and comfortable with temperamental cats.
- Proven, sustained record of high quality work and demonstrably strong customer service.
- Very thorough, with the ability to comprehend and follow very detailed, exact written instructions by cat owner.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to give prompt updates and responses to clients.
- Very dependable, punctual, and self-motivated.
- Very organized, systematic, and with the ability to self-manage and prioritize a daily schedule of appointments and multiple sets of keys.
- Proven ability to handle unexpected and emergency situations.
- Comfortable with considerable commuting in city traffic.
- Live within a 6 mile radius of one of our service areas. We strive to hire Cat Sitters who live in close proximity to the cities our clients live in order to reduce commute time for sitters.
- Possess a smart phone that has capability to access internet, take pictures and send/receive text messages.
- Reliable automobile capable of transporting cats safely, valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and proof of auto insurance.
- Flexible weekday and weekend schedule that has availability to accommodate client’s needs.
- Availability to work on most major holidays, including two out of the three major winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s).
- Provide two work-related professional references.
- Able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Able to make at least a 6 month commitment to position.
- At least 21 years old.
- Travel to and from client’s homes for sitting visits
- Provide proper, specified amount of food
- Clean and Refill water bowls and fountains
- Change out litter box
- Clean up any messes or accidents from cat
- Socialize and nurture cat (playtime, brushing, lap sitting, etc.)
- Send daily visit updates to client (phone, text, or email)
- Perform home security check each visit
- Notify client of any issues or concerns observed with the cat or home
- Take detailed notes of client’s care instructions during initial consultation meet-and-greet
- Retrieve any mail and packages
- Put out and retrieve trash bins
- Light plant watering
- Administer medication, as needed (pills, injections, ointments, sub cutaneous fluids, etc.)
- Assure safety and security of home keys
- Ability to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks, including bending, stooping, ascending and descending stairs
- 4+ years of prior professional cat sitting experience or similar management of cat care in a paid or volunteer setting
- Strong knowledge of proper methods and procedures in administering oral medications, injections, sub-cutaneous fluids, ointments, and other medications
- Certification in pet first aid/ CPR
NOTE: The responsibilities and tasks outlined on this page are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
Compensation is $20 per hour to start; $25 per hour on certain holidays
Commute travel time from one sitting directly to the next is compensated at the rate of $14 per hour
Benefits include paid sick leave, paid vacation leave, flexible work schedule, mileage and other expense reimbursement, and coverage under our company’s liability insurance and bonding policy.
If you feel you would be a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below for consideration. We will contact you if we decide to pursue your application.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
We are hiring for all days and shifts and looking for support in the following locations where we are growing our team:
City of San Francisco
Peninsula: Palo Alto, Los Altos, Portola Valley, Woodside, Atherton, Belmont, Los Altos Hills, Menlo Park, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Redwood City, Redwood Shores